- 17-Nov-2014 to 15-Dec-2014 (PST)
- Calgary, AB, CAN
- Full Time
Internal Job Title: Tier 2 – Service Desk Support
Reports to: IT Services Team Lead
Location: Calgary, AB
Start Date: Immediate
Who We Are:
Glenbriar (CSE:GTI) is a full-service information technology and managed service company that aligns strategic business goals with optimal IT solutions enabling today's small, medium and large business enterprises to stay competitive in an ever-changing technological environment. Our Mission Statement is simple: Glenbriar acts as the Chief Technology Officer in each of our client organizations.
Glenbriar puts people first. Each and every member of our corporate team is valued as a partner in our success and in the success of our clients.
If you have high integrity, a great attitude, a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and are committed to seeing your success reflected in the success of the organization as a whole, then Glenbriar is the company for you.
This is a position with strong opportunities for growth and advancement. Tier 2 Service Desk Support is responsible for timely and effective resolution to end-user productivity issues as they relate to external customers. This will be accomplished by performing question/problem diagnoses, guiding users through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, and conducting end-user training where necessary. Tier 2 Service Desk Support is also responsible for recording problems/solutions within the service desk ticketing system.
You have outstanding customer service skills with an ability to recognize client needs. You excel in a fast-paced, changing environment, using sophisticated integrated applications. You enjoy being part of an ongoing support team that delivers outstanding customer service to support our clients' mission critical, day-to-day business. As well, you have superior oral and written communication skills in order to communicate with clients.
• Resolve end-user IT issues, such as password reset, software questions, PC hardware problems, Internet connectivity, configurations, etc.
• Assist clients with basic business services such as Microsoft Office, Windows and mobile devices.
• System image deployment.
• Installation and updates for client-specific applications.
• Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication.
• On occasion, perform in-person, on-site repairs of PC desktop hardware, printers, and other peripherals.
• Diagnose and resolve minor network issues (e.g. LAN access).
• Troubleshooting VoIP issues.
• Ensure quality and timeliness of client deliverables.
• Manage client standards, procedures and site documentation.
• Recognize and escalate deeper and more complex issues to Tier 3 support technicians.
• Assist Tier 3 technicians by troubleshooting software, hardware, and network issues.
• Available to provide after hours on call support in line with Glenbriar's on call guidelines.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Diploma in a computer related program.
• Microsoft Certifications are highly desirable.
• Good working knowledge of Windows 2008/2012 and Windows 7/8.
• Knowledge of Mac and android is desirable.
• Good working knowledge of network, operating systems and Office 2010/2013.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a technical support desk environment.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a customer service role.
• Proficiency with PDA's
• Knowledge of VoIP systems is beneficial.
• Travel may be required.
• Ability to attend at customer sites as necessary.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Regular office hours (paid hourly based on 40+ hours per week based on availability)
• Overtime may be required.
• Ability to be on call.
No phone calls or solicitation please. For more information, please visit us at http://www.glenbriar.com
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings